Scope and Responsibilities:
As an Azure Cloud Engineer, you’ll work with a variety of talented Client teammates delivering automation, code, and consulting. You will work closely with all of core Technology teams across Tech Ops along with a variety of Application and Service teams throughout Client. This role will drive cloud native technology adoption and automation practices.
• Designing, building, documenting and training on new Azure Cloud technologies.
• Maintaining Azure Automation code and ARM templates
• Contributing to coordination, automation, and completion of Datacenter migrations to Azure
• Utilizing Azure DevOps to maintain build pipelines and test cases for Azure releases
• Participate in Sprint planning and ongoing continuous improvements planning
• Train other engineers and developers on usage of Azure Cloud and other related technologies.
• Utilize and train on usage of source control platforms.
• Develop automation to optimize Microsoft technology adoption
• Understanding and document technical specifications
• Build solutions to solve a variety of technical problems of small to large size and complexity.
• Automate processes in concert with other engineering or operational teams.
• Onboard application and infrastructure teams into Cloud Native technologies, include App Services, Functions, Azure DevOps and others.
• Deep understanding and experience developing REST services with .NET
• Experience in building highly scalable and reliable Azure cloud services
• Experience with both Azure IaaS and PaaS
• Knowledge of the Cloud Design patterns
• General understanding of networking/network security (VNET, NSG, Express Route, Azure Load Balancers)
• Familiar with SQL Server concepts
• Experience with Azure storage solutions such as Blob, Tables, and Queues
• Good knowledge Unity Framework and Entity Framework
• Familiar with writing PowerShell scripts (must have)
• Familiar with Git and Azure Dev Ops (VSTS)
• Familiar with Azure services such as: Azure automation, Azure runbooks, hybrid workers, logic apps, functions, Azure Kubernetes Services, Azure Site Recovery, etc.
• 3-5 years experience with Azure
• 3-5 years experience with Server Operating Systems
• Experience with migrating workloads to Azure via ASR
• Experience with JSON config files
• Experience with Infrastructure as code
• Experience with the Agile framework/concepts
• Hands-on experience with ARM Templates