Project Description :
New Data Warehouse Rebuild
Become a Part of the Client, Inc. Team
Client, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Client, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Do you have a passion for digital technology, innovation and problem solving? Are you curious about how to turn billions of events and signals into meaningful information that not only provides insights into the present but also help predict the future? Are you interested in applying Data Streaming and Big Data Technology along with Machine Learning to help deliver personalized experiences? If so, come join the talented team of engineers that are a driving force behind data engineering solutions at Client.
· MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
· 5+ years of industry experience, 3+ years of relevant big data/relational db experience
· 5 + years in Unix systems engineering with experience in Red Hat Linux, Centos or Ubuntu
· Troubleshooting production issues and performing On-Call duties, at times.
· Ability to architect, design and implement solutions with AWS Virtual Private Cloud, EC2, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling, AWS Simple Storage Service, EMR and other AWS products.
· 2+ year experience in Python, Snowflake and Airflow. Strong programming experience in Python
· Extensive experience working with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Sqoop, etc.
· Experience with RDBMS systems, SQL and SQL Analytical functions
· Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Apache Airflow
· Experience with performance and scalability tuning
· Experience in Agile/Scrum application development using JIRA
· Experience working in a public cloud environment, particularly AWS
Nice to Have:
· Familiarity with practices like Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
· Experience with Scala or Java
· Familiarity with build tools such as CloudFormation and automation tools such as Jenkins or Circle CI
Required Soft Skills:
* Desire to work collaboratively with your teammates to come up with the best solution to a problem
* Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
* Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
*Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others
*Passionate about data and striving for excellence
o Design and implement features in collaboration with team engineers, product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology
o Contribute to overall architecture, frameworks and patterns for processing and storing large data volumes
o Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem
o Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns
o Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing
o Define and apply appropriate data acquisition and consumption strategies for given technical scenarios
o Build and incorporate automated unit tests and participate in integration testing efforts
o Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to
o Work across teams to resolve operational and performance issues