SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Client, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Client, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Your Role on the Team
We are building petabyte-class solutions that consume fast moving streams from eCommerce, retail and partner channels and power the critical decisions that drive our business. We are building the Cloud Platform for Data and Analytics on AWS that fuels Client’s digital transformation. Focus areas include:
· Data Streaming / Enrichment / Business Rules / MDM
· Data Lake / Warehousing
· Data Governance / GDPR / SOX
· Data Strategy / Unified Access / IAM / RBAC
We’re hiring great Engineers with talent and persistence who can leverage their existing skills and learn new ones. You should have some of the specific technical skills we’re looking for and be expert enough in one or two to help ramp others quickly.
· Be a great teammate on an agile/SCRUM team that sets and meets aggressive goals.
· Mentor new and less experienced developers to advance their proficiency.
· Leverage expert development skills and solid design skills to deliver reliable, scalable, performant solutions with modern tooling, data structures and algorithms.
· Work with Product Owners, Engineering Managers and Principal Engineers to deliver solutions that enable Client's digital transformation
· 5+ years developing software systems that operate at scale
· 2+ years developing Platforms on a commercial cloud
· Expert with 2+ OO/functional languages
· 2+ years developing REST APIs and web services
· 2+ years with modern CI/CD patterns (e.g. Blue/Green)
· In depth experience with AWS technologies.
· In depth experience building data engineering or data science platforms using at least two of the following technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Dask, Apache Arrow, Apache Torre, Jupyter Notebooks.
· BS/MS in CS, a related field or equivalent experience
Ideal technical skills
● Experience integrating COTS and open source to create petabyte scale data lake solutions
● Experience delivering RBAC / ABAC in a modern data lake architecture –AWS/S3 or equivalent
· Amazon/ AWS/ Linux/IAAS
· Kafka / KSQL / Lenses
· Snowflake / S3
· Okta / IAM integration
· Python, Golang, Java, Shell
· Distributed systems
Client, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Client offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Client employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
Client, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.