Position: Release Manager – Client Digital Engineering
As a Client Digital Engineering Release Manager, you will be an integral part of the team that enables the Client Digital organization to bring its world-class products and applications to market. We are focused on delivering the technology and processes that support our Client-branded sites and stores. We strive to deliver locally relevant solutions for our consumers and enable retail, commerce, infrastructure, and mobile experiences at Client.
· Operating the Release Management processes for the Client Infrastructure Patching. Schedule, coordinate, and manage releases for multiple applications and on disparate platforms. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, etc. Anything that changes within a system is part of a release.
· Work with multiple cross functional teams to support and enhance our platforms. Work and communicate effectively at multiple levels within the organization - from brainstorming with individual contributors to discussing strategy and release content with senior leaders.
· Drive to a global release cadence that defines the cycles, structures, and required oversight
· Manage intake, prioritization, release timing, demand and capacity
· Manage releases to QA environments
· Partner with the business and IT stakeholders to drive release scheduling decisions
· Ensure that all upstream changes are visible to and approved as required
· Provide visibility of scheduled releases to stakeholders
· Work with vendors and partner systems to ensure our their / our processes are aligned
· Manage go/no-go and rollback decision meetings with release stakeholders
· Be a driving force for constantly improving performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, availability, and usability of the release process
· Define and publish key metrics on the effectiveness of Release Management
· Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business, Engineering, or a related field; 2+ additional years of professional experience in lieu of a degree
· 5+ years professional experience with at least 2 years in release management, business process improvement, project management, or program management.
· Experience with Windows & Linux Infrastructure systems and deployment preferred.
· Comprehensive understanding of release management processes; understanding of environment management
· Experience delivering application and infrastructure projects, programs, or releases into complex production environments
· Proven track record of implementing process change focused on alignment of business and technology; in particular, working with Engineering, QA and IT Technical Operations
· Experience with SDLCs, including iterative, waterfall, and Agile methodologies.
· Must be able to operate in a transforming, fast-paced, complex, high visibility Retail environment with multiple competing priorities
· Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication of complex topics to a diverse audience such as management, technical peers, and business stakeholders
· Strong skills in building positive customer relationships
· Strong commitment to customer service and teamwork
· Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams in a collaborative environment
· Ability to collaborate across teams with differing priorities and objectives to bring consensus
· Demonstrated ability to influence and drive to results
· Ability to think strategically while still being detail-oriented
· A high level of professionalism and confidentiality
Other desirable qualifications:
· Infrastructure Experience
· Experience in global or multi-branded environments
· ITIL and IT Service Management
· Project / Program Management
· Experience with Lean principles and methods (SCRUM, KanBan, Six Sigma, etc.)