Job Description – APO Advanced Support
· The APO Business System Analyst is a member of the Tech Ops team in Client’s Demand and Supply Management Tech Organization.
· The Tech Ops Team, which strives to be Best in Class, is responsible for Planning Master Data, SAP APO, and Purchase Order creation in SAP ECC. While APO Business Analysts understand the end to end Planning at Client, they focus on APO, which is used by hundreds of Client users around the globe for Demand Planning and Supply Planning.
· APO analysts have a deep understanding of the solution and are responsible for training our Frontline support partners on the solution so Frontline can answer all but the most complex user queries.
· The team writes and maintains Production support training material and troubleshooting guides and works on ongoing improvements to reduce incidents and to help users self-troubleshoot their issues.
· Advanced Support is responsible for quickly resolving and effectively communicating incident resolution to the business.
· The team also makes sure the system batch runs effectively and the planning results are as expected.
· The Advanced support team also works with other Technical and development teams.
· The team plays an important role in shaping the future of Client’s planning systems, processes, and solutions.
High Level Requirements
· Strong, business facing, worldwide English skills to communicate both verbally and in writing to both business and technical teams.
· General IT knowledge: Network, Server, Windows, MS Office
· Expert Application knowledge in SAP APO solution - This includes Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning, Capable to Match Optimization Engine, and the Core Interface (CIF between ECC and APO).
· Intermediate to Advanced application knowledge for reporting zone: Cognos, Tableau, and Teradata.
· Ability to quickly ramp up on Client specific tools: ServiceNow, Coach, Autosys, SharePoint, Version One (Agile tool).
· Ability to meet SLAs regarding incidents, automation, and service requests.
· Adopt Agile methodology to deliver high quality service to customers.
Specific Job Duties
· Validating and communicating critical Batch Results.
· Ability to communicate in Business-friendly language.
· Training Frontline resources on the solution and holding them accountable for the quality of service delivery.
· Participating in Knowledge Transfer Sessions organized by the Solution Delivery (SD) Team.
· Execute APO Configuration and batch changes to resolve system bugs.
· Actively explore opportunities in reducing incidents, such as identifying gaps in business process, testing, and end user training.
· Must be Customer Service minded and easy to work with.
· Must have excellent written and verbal articulation and follow-up skills.
· Ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
· Effectively communicate with Demand Planners, Supply Planners, and others in their business language. This includes simplifying complex issues into understandable and actionable steps that end with resolution.
· Comfortable working with high ambiguity.
· Self-learner who actively gains knowledge by reading and collaborating with others.
· Passion for improving existing processes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or equivalent.
· Five+ years of work experience in technology. Or Six+ years of business experience in the supply chain that includes working closely with IT.