Engineer responsibilities include the following:
• Write reusable, tested, and efficient software code and scripts
• Write automated tests to validate changes, and manually test those changes
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems and code defects
• Use a variety of tools to manage source code, builds, and deployments
• Operate supported systems in test and production environments
• Provide technical support for tools and systems owned by the team
• Be an active participant in team meetings and processes, like design and code reviews
• Suggest and implement ways to improve tools and processes
• Collaborate with other engineers and teams to design solutions and resolve issues
• Work with product owners to understand and raise questions about business requirements
Candidates should have the following experience and skills:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology, or equivalent experience
• Professional experience working as a software engineer, system administrator, or other related position
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with business partners and other engineers
• History of continual learning about technical subjects
• Strong knowledge of Java, Node, and Python
• Tool experience in or / like Signal FX, Datadog, New Relic, etc.
• Experience with a revision control tool like Git or Subversion
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
Notes from meeting with the manager:
This job is mostly developing network monitoring tools in ExtraHop and Splunk.
You MUST have experience developing network security monitoring tools in one of the following: Splunk, Solarwinds, Netscout, Extrahop, or Darktrace
You are the engineer.NOT LOOKING FOR:
Analysts, Administrators, Incident Managers, or strategy people.Full Job Description
Scope and Responsibilities:
As an Operational Intelligence Tools Engineer, you’ll work with a variety of talented teammates and serve as a driving force for performance, providing intelligent proactive monitoring tools to ensure end-to-end insight to mission critical applications for all teams.
Serve in the role of technical subject matter expert, refining existing functional requirements for monitoring and event management tools and participate in the development of an integrated monitoring/event management tooling strategy and architecture.
· Responsible for the definition and delivery of activities on the monitoring roadmap.
· Collaborate with network operations &engineering teams, application developers, management and infrastructure teams to assess near- and long-term monitoring needs.
· Assist with improving the standards of the consumer experience by providing metric visibility into a system’s performance.
· Share your monitoring expertise to enable& support groups that require performance and troubleshooting guidance.
· Participate in design documentation of monitoring related solutions.
· Plan, engineer, and implement robust and cost-effective computing environments.
· Participate in process development with customers and service providers.
· Effectively communicate tool capabilities and processes to varying stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience with implementation, operations, maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments.
· Experience implementing and delivering monitoring solutions in development, QA, and Production environments.
· Experience with administration of network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, ExtraHop, NetScout, etc.
· Solid foundation and knowledge of OSI model.
· Experience working in a network operations environment, high degree of familiarity with technology such as firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, etc.
· Basic understanding of Windows server administration.
· Experience with monitoring solutions and methodologies including server and network performance, hardware, web synthetics, and application performance monitoring a plus.
· CCNA certification or similar.
· Solid foundation in computer and operating systems, understanding performance metrics, statistical calculations, systems troubleshooting, runbook automation.
· Strong communication skills and ability to interact with management and all teams involved in the operational or development process.
STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS