Position Details: IaaS Engineer - 00686
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
General Position Summary:
As an IaaS Collaboration Engineer, you will be integral part of the Infrastructure team and responsible for configuring and maintaining highly available collaboration services in Office 365 and Azure for IT infrastructure at Columbia Sportswear. The primary goal of this position is ensuring the smooth operation of the organization’s infrastructure systems in order to provide maximum performance and availability while also managing to an exceptional user experience. The role is responsible for configuring, maintaining and supporting our collaboration tools across the enterprise. While the position is highly technical in nature, attention must also be paid to the technology strategy, feasibility studies and policy in relations to infrastructure systems. This position requires excellent problem solving and customer service skills in a team-oriented environment.
• The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the Microsoft Office 365 family, Azure AD and security, Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint.
• The candidate needs to have strong communication skills, and a motivation to work with internal teams and partner teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
• The candidate needs to analyze very common business processes and practices and find ways to make them more efficient and easier using off the shelf tools as well as automation systems
• In this role you will:
• Deploy and support on-premise and off-premise infrastructure solutions
• Maintain On-Prem Exchange and SharePoint environments.
• Participate in rotation of managing Customer Service Requests and break-fix issues
• Optimize existing solutions and provide documentation to assist task migration to L1/L2 teams
• Assist with the development of new tools and smart alerts that help discover failures/ issues in a timely fashion. Perform service reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential improvements
• Assist in preparing roadmaps and budget tracking documentation
• Propose system optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance.
• Develop automation, processes, and tools designed to make responding to and resolving incidents simpler and more robust
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or a minimum of 3-5 years of technical experience with customer facing service operations environments such as Exchange, Azure Cloud, Microsoft O365, etc.
• Self-starter and Self Motivated
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
• Technical Expertise: Hands-on experience configuring and supporting on-premise and cloud-based Collaboration services in a highly available and scalable production environment
• Demonstrable ability to resolve technical challenges.
• Solid understanding of cloud services and deployment models
• Experience with at least 3 of the following (in order of importance):
• Microsoft O365 Exchange / Microsoft Exchange (on-prem)
• Azure AD / Azure SSO (MyApps)
• Microsoft O365
• SharePoint Online
• Skype for Business
• MS Teams, Groups
• (optional) Sway, Forms, Delve, Stream, etc.
• Experience with PowerShell scripting is required
• Commitment and self-motivation
• Perform other duties as assigned
Desired (Not required, but bonus points)
• Experience with at least one other scripting or programming language (Python, C++, etc.)
• Knowledge of automation frameworks (Ansible, Chef, etc.) are a plus
Job involves a high degree of complexity. Incumbent typically operates in new, varied and sometimes unique work situations. Determines own practices and procedures to meet assignment or project needs (Self-Starter). The majority of the work requires independent thought, creativity, and innovation. Receives a moderate level of supervision but works independently. Work is generally reviewed on a project or assignment basis. Decisions are made within prescribed company policy guidelines and constraints. Errors in judgment may result in losses of data or productivity with the result being financial losses or delays in completing assignments and companywide work stoppage.
Contacts occur with others inside and outside the company. Internal contacts are mostly limited to GIS Department. Interactions usually involve information exchanges dealing with the most complex technical issues or problems. Contacts often involve confidential and/or sensitive information.
Job requires hours that may occasionally require evening meetings/weekend work. Some job pressure exists in the balancing of several tasks with conflicting deadlines, as well as own time, to ensure the timely completion of projects.