Notes from call with manager 03/04/2019:
In this role, you are responsible for the Analytics / Visualizations platforms.
Currently there are three main products; Tableau, TM1, & Cognos
A New product (Metrics Insight is in Beta)
1. You must have more that 1 year of experience as a product owner where the product was an enterprise visualization product. (Strongly prefer Tableau)
2. You must have experience deploying enterprise visualization products to different business unity with some sort of chargeback system. (user license OR usage based provisioning)
As a, Platform Product Owner on the Enterprise Data & Analytics Platform Product Team, this individual will own the Analytics and Visualization Tools, working with fast pace engineering teams and representing the view of the customer.
• Partnership with the Enterprise Data & Analytics Visualization & Reporting Portal COEs to enhance and drive standards across Client business users
• Works closely with Platform Product Directors to understand and communicate product vision, strategy, and roadmaps that are aligned with Client’s strategies and initiatives
• Represents the customer in sprints to the delivery teams and provides sprint feature prioritization to ensure technology alignment with business priorities & strategies
• Is accountable for engineering team(s) backlog grooming across all Analytics and Visualization Tools teams
• Provides customer service to our technology and business partners for onboarding, adoption, and documentation
• Partners closely with Reference Architecture, Domain/Solution Architecture, and Platform Engineering to align Platform Product Roadmaps with execution plans
• Measure and report on the value provided by Platform Product offerings and provide regular updates to stakeholders on product priority, delivery, and adoption
• Stays current with industry trends and recommends relevant technologies & products in the areas of Data and Analytical tools, Advanced Visualization, Forecast tools, and other emerging technologies in the areas of Analytics & Visualization.
• Contributes back to the overall Data & Analytics Platform roadmap and prioritized backlog
o Must have experience and/or deep knowledge of Tableau, Metrics Insight, IBM Cognos/ Planning Analytics, and/or similar technologies as to empathize, translate, and prioritize requirements to deliver them globally across Client
o Must have an understanding of enterprise security and privacy requirements associated with the above technologies
• 3+ years’ experience as a Product Owner for technology related products. Will consider candidates with less experience that have deep technical domain knowledge as an architect.
• 7+ years’ experience in technology & architecture roles
• Proven experience collaborating on latest technologies with Engineers and Architects
• Extensive background in working with business partners: Translating business needs into prioritized technology features and requirements
• Proven track record of being results oriented with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals
• Proven presentation and facilitation skills
• Experience with Agile software development methodology
• Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others
• Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
• A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field