As a Data BSA/Product Associate on the Data Ingestion team, you will drive the ingestion and integration of core data domains to be leveraged by Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics teams to gain insights on Client’s successes and opportunities. You will propel analytics through robust data comprehension, requirement mapping, data modeling, and cross-functional partnership. With this diverse role, areas of potential focus range from (1) data architecture design to direct business process evolution, (2) backlog prioritization and management, (3) reverse engineering to understand and evolve an existing solution, (4) researching a critical source system/service to automate ingestion, and (5) educating teammates on your robust knowledge of business data requirements and business process. This role will be vital in shaping the landscape by which analytics teams interact with and leverage data, as each release broadens available data sets and expands analytics self-serve capabilities.
If you’re right for this role, you’re a data evangelist with hands-on SQL experience, agile product experience and a basic understanding of data architecture. In your daily work, you actively seek the most effective path forward, and are insistent on progress. You are equally comfortable working in a relational data store and a “big data” cloud eco-system. To you, the importance of value-based solutioning, incremental progress, and failing fast is clear, and you can demonstrate how each of these helps to drive business results. You enjoy finding relationships between disparate data sets and clarity in a muddied data environment. When it is time to simplify a complex technical idea onto a white board for a non-technical audience, you want the pen in your hand.
Requirements for this position include:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other relevant areas and/or extensive work experience focused in data management and analysis
· Minimum 5 years of related professional experience required
· Proven ability to perform thorough data analysis and present relevant results
· Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, and develop solution options
· In-depth understanding of the Agile principles and methodologies and how they’re applied in workplace culture
· Be a Product advocate; can describe the Product, its value, how it works, how it is adopted, speak to upcoming changes and tailor the information to the audience
· Work directly with customers and team members to capture details of Feature requirements, understand use cases, collect samples, and find tests; apply knowledge of Product and business drivers to enhance work
· Abilty to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
· Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
· Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
· Strong technical skillset (SQL, Data Modeling, Business Requirements, Big Data, Amazon Web Services)
· Ability to mentor entry-level and intermediate data analysts and drive work within small teams
· Ability to troubleshoot technical and non-technical problems