Senior Python Software Developer
The Enterprise Platforms Cloud Tooling team is looking for a senior Python Software Developer to help accelerate the delivery of cloud automation tooling functionality via RESTful APIs. They will be primarily focused on development of server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness of services at scale.
· Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
· Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performance applications.
· Implementation of security and data protection.
· Follow operational best practices for tools and automation development. Including: Style guides, versioning practices, source control, branching and merging patterns and advising other engineers on development standards.
· Develop solutions in alignment with departmental goals, SLA’s for availability, scalability, resiliency and take steps to enable close to zero downtime.
· Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework
· Experience in building production RESTful APIs with modern OO languages such as Python.
· Experience with Git, Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines.
· Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
· Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
· Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
· Solid understanding of SLDC’s, Common development practices, Agile, Waterfall and Lean principals.
· Comfortable disregarding prior held biases and opinions in the face of new information and/or use cases.
· Experience working in a matrix organization in a role that influences change though leadership.
· Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
· Strong unit test and debugging skills
· Desired experience with Flask.
· Desired experience with Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, or ARM Templates.
· Desired experience with Jenkins.
· Desired experience with various database types (SQL and NoSQL – any engine).
· Desired experience with cloud platforms: AWS, GCP, and/or Azure.
· Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments (preferably OAuth2 or OpenID).
· Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python.