Position Details: AWS Technical Architect / Platform Engineer - (915123FI)
Notes from Manager Call 04/10/2019
This group is responsible for Financial Transaction reporting
Currently use SAP BW but they need more functionality and a faster way to deploy services and new reports.
They want to move to a modern AWS Storage & Reporting Platform.
Your job is to be the AWS Architect and Engineer.
Plan and then engineer the migration of data.
Plan and engineer the Tools/Databases
You will need to have experience: 1. Writing AWS Microservices. 2. Creating Data Pipelines 3. Working with DynamoDB 4. S3 & Lambda
Job Description: Scope and Responsibilities: As an Engineer in the Commerce Finance organization, your primary role on the team will be to help deliver the next generation of commerce finance platform technology while also helping elevate the test engineering approach and team capability. You will actively participate on an Agile Squad focused on delivering positive outcomes for our business partners. Our teams own what they build so having a DevOps mindset and a culture of learning is very important.
Experience Required: What we’re looking for:
· Java programming experience using Java 7 and 8
· Working with large datasets using Hadoop and creating visualization from data
· Public cloud infrastructure experience (AWS preferred): EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, Dynamo DB, Lambda
· DevOps and CI/CD experience
· Excellent analytical skills, written and oral communication
· Understanding of unit testing, dependency injection, and mocking
· Understanding of computer science data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
· Recent feature contributions relative to this role
· Experience working with a team of engineers using pair programing for close collaboration and shared responsibility