Notes from manager call 04/11/2019
This project is related to an in house tool used for content management,
The tool is built with java and they need you to build new services:
Service one: The writers need product details to write descriptions. These details come from SAP Oracle and AWS. You need to write a service that gives them the details they need.
Service two: After a writer finishes, the work needs to get approved by their manager, then by legal, then by branding, and finally to the Front end team, you need to build a service that follows that sequence.
Service Three: When a writer writes a piece of information related to a category, NFL stats for example, this service should automatically distribute the updated details to all the different sections that repeat that information.
Job description :
Build the software system for Client's Writing team. The system makes sure that product descriptions are accurate and localized for everywhere that Client does business.
Position: Software Developer, Global Brand Writing
Company: (Do Not Edit)
Client does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Client, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Group: (Do Not Edit)
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Client’s Digital Engineering organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Client, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As a Software Developer, Global Brand Writing, you’ll bring a passion for building and delivering the software services and platforms that power the premium digital experiences which engage consumers across all of Client’s brands and categories. Working closely with internal and external development teams, you’ll bring not only deep technical skills, but also the ability to coordinate multiple streams of technical and software development work.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
● Minimum 2 years testing and building enterprise-class applications in Java
● Minimum one year writing automated software tests- unit, integration, and performance
● Minimum one year using Java to store data in relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
● Experience documenting and testing RESTful APIs for business-critical production systems
● Experience with Java and Spring Framework configuration and principles
● Able to diagnose and pinpoint defects at all application tiers using tools like Splunk, New Relic and CloudWatch
● Working knowledge of how to use source control systems like GIT
● Strong understanding of how to use mocks in testing
● Strong understanding of Java testing frameworks (e.g. Junit)
● Strong understanding of REST API testing tools e.g. Postman, SOAPUI
● String understanding of secure coding guidelines
Additional Desirable Skills:
● Understanding of best approaches for testing applications with non-English languages
● Knowledge of content management systems and content versioning schemes
● Understanding of peer review process to ensure team code quality
● Familiarity with release management best practices that lead to continuous integration using build tools like Jenkins
● Demonstrated ability to automate testing to improve software quality using tools like Sonar
● Four year Computer Science degree or equivalent experience