Knowledge: Visual Studio.NET languages and Microsoft Transact-SQL, normalized database design. Client/server design concepts. Self-management skills for coordinating numerous, simultaneous projects. Responsible for accurate, reliable design, development, maintenance, and testing of applications. Participate in broad information systems assignments requiring originality and ingenuity. Work independently and in teams using various development methods, like Agile. Code Management (such as Team Foundation Server); Use of change control and production control for deployments.Position Overview: Provide information system solutions to internal departments and external customers and partners. Responsibilities include analyzing requirements, understanding business processes and needs, and recommending solutions to achieve the business goals. Solutions will include implementation and integration of purchased applications and development of applications and integrations where appropriate. Projects are completed with cross-functional teams of IT peers and business partners. Manage time and expectations to ensure a high degree of stakeholder and user satisfaction.
1. Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Develop and configure mission-critical applications and/or web portals. Assess user requirements and provide input to departments. Liaise with other IT staff to improve system efficiency, security, and functionality.
2. Identify, diagnose, and resolve potential and evident system problems. Provide troubleshooting support to other staff.
3. Design and apply new methods and procedures. Develop and test systems, programs, and database structure for efficiency and effectiveness.
4. Prepare systems specifications, project plans, and other internal documents. Ensure users and partners understand nature of work being performed, as well as timeframes and milestones. Provide regular status updates to supervisors and stakeholders.
5. Train users in technical aspects of systems.
6. Participate in selection and recommendation of suppliers and vendors. Assist in management of those relationships.
7. Balance high-priority work with lower priority maintenance work to ensure both success of projects and smooth operation of existing functions.
8. Proactively identify opportunities for system and process improvement. Work with management and stakeholders to prioritize and implement solutions accordingly.
9. Perform other duties and responsibilities.
1. Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.