Additional desired experience includes: User Interface Design, Programming in Cognizant Facets – technical integration, IMA CaseTrakker / Dynamo development and administration, database administration, project management experience, and health insurance industry and claims/billing systems. Excellent verbal and written communications skills required. Must be able to engage with all levels of the organization, vendors, and customers.
1. Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Design solutions to process data, and provide integration with other systems or applications. Assess user requirements and provide input to departments and other IT staff to improve user productivity.
2. Proactively identify, diagnose, and resolve potential and evident system problems. Top level escalation for troubleshooting support to other staff.
3. Design and apply new methods and procedures. Develop and test systems, programs, workflows, reports, and databases. Focus on efficiency and effectiveness.
4. Prepare systems specifications, project plans, and other internal documents. Ensure users and partners understand nature of work being performed, as well as timeframes and milestones. Provide regular status updates to management and stakeholders.
5. Depending on focus, maintain existing functionality in company web portals by working with internal and external users to develop new portal features or install new versions of vendor software and perform unit, system, and integrated tests. Work closely with related staff to upgrade and maintain systems.
6. Train users in technical aspects of systems.
7. Leadership role in selection and recommendation of suppliers and vendors. Participate in management of those relationships.
8. Develop and maintain metrics to provide visibility to system functions and company operational data. Educate stakeholders on metrics.
9. Advocate for standard use of technology to improve company efficiency, system accuracy and correctness, and customer value. Advocate use of technology to empower stakeholders.
10. Prioritize work effectively to ensure both success of projects and smooth operation of existing functions.
1. Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.