Position Details: Edge Engineer-982333T
Client does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join client’s Launch Engineering organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver amazing solutions that enable client, digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and secure experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
As an engineering on our Edge team, your role on the team will include designing, developing and supporting the technology behind api.client.com as well as core components of our AWS implementation. We need someone with strong experience in AWS infrastructure, functional programming and deep understanding of working in a DevOps model.
We will prioritize consideration by these preferred skills:
- Languages: Scala, Java 8+, Python,
- Platforms: EC2, Lambda, Kinesis
- Techniques: Functional Programming, High Availability
- OSes: Linux, MacOS
- Databases: SQL
- Tools: Jenkins, Splunk, SignalFX, Atlassian suite, IntelliJ Idea, JIRA
What we are looking for:
- Deep understanding and experience with AWS infrastructure, especially CloudFormation, Lambdas, EC2 and AWS API Gateway
- 5 to 10 years of functional programming experience using Scala or Clojure, Haskell, Rust. Python experience is a plus
- Experience and significant knowledge with REST API design and HTTP fundamentals
- Have significant experience consuming and creating web services, with a good understanding of API design
- Have significant experience working in the modern Java ecosystem with knowledge of at least one build tool (mvn, sbt, gradle, etc.), library dependency management, and at least one JVM language (Java, Scala, Kotlin, etc.)
- 3 to 5 years working in a full DevOps model, using unit testing to drive code quality & supporting code after it has been deployed
- Experience in using tools like Jenkins, Splunk, SignalFX, Atlassian suite, IntelliJ Idea
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and recognized importance of being a strong team player
- Strong organizational skills (multi-tasking) and a self-motivator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Infrastructure security is a plus