Position Details: Enterprise Technical Architect - SAP Platform #3069
Enterprise Technical Architects work on behalf of the OCIO and EA to establish and govern Client’s Enterprise Technical Architecture (ETA), comprised of a coordinated set of enterprise technical principles, technical strategies, technical standards, target state technical architecture patterns, and technical transition roadmaps.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Analyzes current Client business solutions, technologies, environments, methods, resources and organization
- Analyzes industry, technology and market trends
- Leads stakeholders towards the establishment of a coordinated set of enterprise level technical principles, technical strategies, technical standards, target state technical architecture patterns, and technical transition roadmaps
- Manages ETA change as needed to support evolving business and IT strategy
- Communicates and evangelizes ETA direction to stakeholders throughout the enterprise
- Serves as a member of the Technical Architecture Council (TAC) responsible for governance of solution and system architectures to ensure alignment with Client’s ETA
- Coaches and mentors peers and associates in Client’s ETA framework
- Measures and matures Client’s ETA practice
- Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
- Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
- Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
- 15+ years’ experience in IT, including 10+ years architecting complex enterprise solutions and systems, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: network design, application development, middleware, servers and storage, cloud services, database management, and operations
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (additional equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
- SAP Professional Certification in one or more of the following solution spaces: SAP Architecture, SAP Netweaver, SAP S4Hana
- Deep theoretical knowledge of virtualization system, OS, database and middleware infrastructure and their instantiation in cloud environments
- Deep experience architecting and implementing full stack infrastructure for SAP solutions (SAP Business Suite, SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects, SAP Mobility etc) in cloud environments
- Deep experience building highly automated infrastructure in real-world production environments
- Deep interpersonal skills, including collaboration, facilitation and negotiation
- Deep written, verbal and customer-facing presentation skills
- Deep experience with technical architecture frameworks, methods, and tools
- Deep analytical skills
- Deep planning and organizational skills
- Applied experience with IT architecture processes, frameworks, methods, and tools
- Ability to estimate the impact of ETA alternatives
- Ability to understand the political climate of an enterprise and how to navigate the politics
- Tenacity in the face of adversity
- The Open Group Certified Master or Distinguished Architect
- Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
- Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.