Position Details: DevOps Engineer - 942215FI
Client does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Client, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you’re ready to innovate and contribute to the Enterprise Platform organization, come join us now! We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver scalable and reliable technology solutions that enable the design and development of Client, Inc.’s core products. You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Client technology platforms and delivering a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Client on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
Your Role on the Team
The Senior DevOps Engineer partners with software engineering to ensure that our platforms can be deployed and operated at scale. The candidate will automate operational processes including building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations where they don’t already exist.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead improvement of technical processes across Product teams to improve delivery, availability, and production readiness for platforms.
- Develop and follow operational best practices for tools and automation development. Including: Style guides, versioning practices, source control, branching and merging patterns and advising other engineers on development standards
- Develop and advocate for Operations best practices, standards and processes
- Provide support to the Operations team to support, maintain and upgrade the existing configuration management environment
- Help evaluate, build and deploy tools to assist with deployment framework required for each EP platform
- Develop solutions in alignment with departmental goals, SLA’s for availability, scalability and resiliency
- Help develop strategies for zero down time deployments and patching
- Work with teams to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement in the deployment and build processes
- Practice and mentor other engineers in continuous improvement, identifying and remediating manual actions and processes
- Help troubleshoot issues and work with the team to address root cause to minimize the chance of a second occurrence.
- Find opportunities to automate as part of the problem management process, creating automation to avoid issues.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Hands on experience with delivering and managing solutions on AWS, Azure and/or GCP
- Hands on experience with designing, delivering and operating solutions using Kubernetes, and familiarity with dynamic on-demand workflows in Kubernetes.
- Experience in development of RESTful APIs and reusable components.
- Experience developing, delivering and operating modern cloud platforms / large scale distributed systems
- Experience supporting and developing distributed cloud technology (Node, Lambda or Google Cloud/Azure equivalents).
- Previous experience with DevOps, CI/CD and automated testing.
- Advocate of design principles and high-quality software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with version control systems including Git
- Experience working in Agile teams and project teams
- Direct experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar Configuration Management tools
- Cloud automation experience with Terraform, CloudFormation or similar
- Production experience with containers, container runtimes (i.e. Kubernetes), and/or serverless technologies
- Desire to learn and continually improve self and others though knowledge sharing
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- CONTROL SYSTEMS
- DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS
- VERSION CONTROL