Position Details: Launch Tech Lead/SRE-945098F
Launch is a key component of client and serves our most passionate and highest spending consumers. There are over two million active users worldwide on SNKRS App and Web participating in various launches globally multiple times a week. In 2018, client has increased launches by 50% year-over-year with new Exclusive Access and Firestarter Campaigns. This year, client’s goal is to hit over $1B in launch revenue which is approximately more than 25% increase from last year. client’s Launch platform is scientifically important to consumers and business as it is where the newest and most exclusive products are release in the market.
Launch is a key component to client. As a Technical Lead for Launch Site Reliability Operations you will be revolutionizing the intersection of technology, business and consumer experience.
Our team is dedicated to delivering quickly, where everyone is empowered to make technical decisions during product launches and being the liaison between engineering, operations, business and consumer services teams. We are pushing the envelope in our agile process by embedding directly with multiple teams across the organization. Our goal is continuous delivery with an emphasis on providing seamless user experience and avoiding consumer friction, while pairing to solve problems faster, share knowledge, and learn from others. We want everyone to share their opinions with a humbleness to accept other opinions over your own. Your analytical and technical skills are key to this strategy, e.g. ability to make quick and efficient decisions during launches, debugging and proposing solutions, ensuring consumer fairness with proper BOT control, effective communication to engage with leadership and stakeholders.
The following are a Technical Lead’s responsibilities but is not limited to:
- Lead the technical side of the product launch activities for North America Region on all platforms (iOS, Android and Web)
- Ensure the scalability of backend AWS services
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Track the application usage for bots, traffic and ensure fairness to consumer
- Real time incident analysis, propose workaround and resolution for seamless consumer experience
- Identify trends and insights, optimize performance based on the insights, brainstorm new and creative strategies for future launches
- Propose technical enhancements where applicable: e.g. caching, session time, cookie/device token validations, app design improvements etc.
- Identify redundancy and automate menial tasks for launch business team
- Developing and driving real time monitoring solutions that provide visibility into site health and key performance indicators
- Work with various technical/software engineering teams through day-to-day operations and critical incidents/problem management processes to restore service, manage root cause analysis and recommend solutions for long term fix
- Act as the subject matter expert for consumer facing (e-commerce) software applications
- Participate in planning and execution of digital marketing/launch campaign meetings to set expectations on application feasibility and requirement hardening
- Communicate project/launch status in weekly meetings, reports and provide input to leadership team
- Evaluate new trends & emerging technologies/tools and Provide suggestions for adoption where appropriate
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years' professional experience in software engineering
- Previous experience in development and production support desired.
- Experience in AWS – configuring ASGs, EC2 instances, CloudWatch Alarms, Dynamo DB, Elastic search, DAX Caching, Lambda services, etc.
- Web & Application experience Debugging proxy tools: e.g. Charles, XCode/Simulators for iOS, Simulators for Android, etc.
- Monitor and analytical tools: e.g. New Relic, SignalFX, Splunk, Omniture (Adobe Analytics), etc.
- VMs, Linux, Java, Python, and/or other scripting languages
- Utilizing Agile SCRUM, ITIL and Lean
- Familiar with Github, JIRA, ServiceNow, and Scrum Methodology
- High motivation and passion for continuous learning
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture and decompose it into domains
- Ability to deal with ambiguous requirements and quickly changing priorities
- Opinionated yet humble
- REAL TIME
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- AMAZON ELASTIC COMPUTE CLOUD
- B2B SOFTWARE
- DIGITAL CAMPAIGN
- DIGITAL MARKETING
- EXCELLENT WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- IT INFRASTRUCTURE
- PRODUCT LAUNCH
- ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS
- SELF MOTIVATED
- SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
- USER ACCESS
- USER EXPERIENCE