Position Details: TechOps Specialist
Job Title: TechOps Specialist – Systems and Cloud support emphasis
Job Purpose: TechOps specialist (Systems and Cloud support emphasis) is responsible for resolving system-related issues; monitoring and performance tuning in both self-hosted and cloud-deployed Viewpoint environments. This role serves as a support liaison between Viewpoint, third-party vendors and our customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server administration, managing users, Group Policies, Security and permissions.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server Database Administration and relational database concepts.
- Working knowledge of configuring MS Outlook with IMAP/POP/Exchange servers.
- Experience in cloud-based environments such as AWS, Azure or IaaS-based providers.
- Experience with monitoring and analytics systems such as (Datadog, Solarwinds, New Relic).
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic networking concepts and terminology.
- Moderate knowledge of Scanning, Printing software installs and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of basic standard software such as: MS Office suites, Adobe suites, multiple Windows OS platforms.
- Working knowledge of MS IIS (Internet Information Services).
- Experience with Virtual deployments (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, or similar).
- Understand networking concepts such as routing, gateways, remote connectivity, and some network administration including VPN configuration.
- Experience with remote desktop takeover tools (Example: ScreenMeet, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Bomgar).
- Demonstrated knowledge of remote connection technologies; including Citrix, and MS Terminal Server.
- Soft Skills such as Communication, Teamwork, Adaptability, Problem-Solving, Creativity, Work Ethic, Interpersonal Skills, Time Management.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably major in computer science or relevant experience.
- Provide telephone, and Internet support to customers who have questions or issues related to system configuration/setup, product functionality (attachments, scanning, printing, exporting), performance and hosted software services.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues including system performance, permissions, connectivity, login issues, and application errors.
- Provide expertise related to SQL Database Administration (back-ups, maintenance plans, user administration) for all Viewpoint product suites.
- Assist customers with Viewpoint software client/server environment.
- Assist customers with Viewpoint Cloud administration and services.
- Assist customers with software upgrades, migration, and transformation.
- Provide assistance to other departments with technical issues.
- Monitors, tracks, and documents customer support calls and related activities in the CRM system.
- Effectively document issues/feedback from customers for use by Development in research and resolution of defects.
- Develops Knowledge Base articles to document troubleshooting steps and common solutions to frequent calls for use by customers and peers.
- Implement performance optimizations suggested by the engineering personnel.
- Respond to alerts, and help monitor, tune, and configure Non-Production and Production monitoring for best sustainable performance.
- Follow documented processes for troubleshooting, engagement, escalation, and others with 3rd-party hosting partners.
- Research and diagnose issues independently or as a team.
- Support after-hours and on-call duties as required.
- Strong customer-service orientation and commitment to ensuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them clearly to individuals with varied backgrounds and skill levels.
- Demonstrated ability to empathize with customers, actively listen; ability to always defuse situations rather than intensify one.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits a willingness to try new things.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills, active listening, transmits information accurately and understandably.
- Consistently seeks feedback effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Exhibits professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of Viewpoint software products and remain an expert on current product knowledge both from an internal and from a user perspective.