Position Details: Sr Big Data Engineer - 972092N
Client is embracing Big Data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We’re looking to expand our Big Data Engineering team to keep pace. As a Sr. Big Data Engineer you will work with a variety of talented client teammates and be a driving force for building solutions for client Digital. You will be working on projects related to consumer behavior, commerce, and consumer touchpoints.
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem. Ability to design and implement end to end solution.
- Experience publishing RESTful API’s to enable real-time data consumption using OpenAPI specifications
- Experience with open source NOSQL technologies such as HBase, DynamoDB, Cassandra
- Familiar with Distributed Stream Processing frameworks for Fast & Big Data like ApacheSpark, Flink, Kafka stream
- Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns.
- Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implements, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to.
- Experience in Business Rule management systems like Drools
- MS/BS degree in a computer science or related discipline
- 6+ years’ experience in large-scale software development
- 3+ year experience in Big Data technologies
- Strong programming skills in Java/Scala, Python, Shell scripting, and SQL
- Strong development skills around Spark, MapReduce, and Hive
- Strong skills around developing RESTful API’s