Position Details: Software Engineer - 974492T
Typical Office: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
AS A MEMBER OF THE TEAM, YOU'LL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Partner with engineers on other teams to build out capabilities to support in support of organization-wide needs.
- Successfully operate within our engineering environment and help it evolve over time.
- Review your peers' technical designs, code, and tests, giving supportive feedback and asking good questions.
- Work in a collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity, and mentoring.
- Leverage your interest in data and data analysis to understand our consumers and how they engage with our ecosystem.
- Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and releasing software on AWS continuously using automation and monitoring.
- Partner with other engineering and product teams to loosely couple and scale the service ecosystem.
TRAITS OF THE IDEAL PERSON FOR THIS JOB:
- You enjoy opportunities to work on diverse technologies and problems.
- You enjoy working with folks on different teams to help solve shared problems.
- Your experience level could be anywhere from junior to lead, but you bring maturity and thoughtfulness to your day-to-day work.
- Your knowledge about data analysis, databases and related data storage paradigms, programming languages, and frameworks informs your decisions.
- You understand scalable, highly available, and eventually consistent distributed systems.
- You are familiar with streaming architectures.
- You enjoy writing code in service of solving problems.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You value collaboration and interaction with your teammates and colleagues, defaulting to sharing early and looking for help when needed over delivering perfect results.