CI/ CD – DevOps
Our leading Banking Client provides data and data aggregator services to their customers with solutions that meet a specific present and future needs. Our Client has access to multiple data sources that allow us to provide a complete product that offers the services and datasets which are required for Credit Data and Management Solutions. Centizen proposed to manage their data with CI/CD DevOps team.
Challenge is to reduce cycle times for development, building, and testing. Continuous integration (CI) puts a great emphasis on testing automation to check that the application is not broken whenever new commits are integrated into the main branch. Continuous delivery (CD) is an extension of continuous integration to make sure that you can release new changes to your customers quickly in a sustainable way.
This means that on top of having automated your testing, you also have to automate your release process and can deploy your application at any point of time by clicking on a button. Centizen created a backbone of automation to get internal customers on board and once they saw the reduction in time required to build, test, and deploy. All the other teams were anxious to deploy the automated methodology
Centizen guided the company through its CI/CD process and created an automated build process for all its development teams. With a dedicated team bridging the gap between development and operations teams on an ongoing basis, our client has been able to work more efficiently and increase the ROI of its customer-facing portals. One of the traditional costs associated with continuous integration is the installation and maintenance of a CI server.
The DevOps team provides solutions for automated builds, deployments, troubleshooting, continuous integration, monitoring and cloud infrastructure management. It also supports load testing and automated monitoring for customer-facing portals.
Centizen team will write automated tests for each new feature, improvement or bug fix. So, we need a continuous integration server that can monitor the main repository and run the tests automatically for every new progress pushed. Our developers’ team will merge their changes as often as possible, at least once a day.
With Centizen’s DevOps expertise, an automation was built. The company was able to realize a cultural transformation to a DevOps environment and enable continual delivery of software updates that respond to changing customer demands.
Outcomes/ Business Values
- Centizen helped to develop faster as there’s no need to pause development for releases. Deployments pipelines are triggered automatically for every change.
- The complexity of deploying software has been taken away. Our client’s team doesn’t have to spend days preparing for a release anymore.
- Customers also see a continuous stream of improvements, and quality increases every day, instead of every month, quarter or year.
- Less bugs get shipped to production as regressions are captured early by the automated tests.
- Less context switching as developers are alerted as soon as they break the build and can work on fixing it before they move to another task.
- Testing costs are reduced drastically – your CI server can run hundreds of tests in the matter of seconds.
Centizen also reduced the cost of adopting CI server significantly by using a cloud service like Bitbucket Pipelines which adds automation to every Bitbucket repository. By simply adding a configuration file at the root of your repository you will be able to create a continuous deployment pipeline that gets executed for every new change pushed to the main branch.